Thursday, March 17, 2011

Push Pop


  She had her first push pop today.  She's a baby less and less and a big girl more and more.  My dad argues that she will always be a baby.  I speculate that's how he still feels about me, and I'd be lying if that doesn't make my heart a little warm.

  Japan is weighing heavy on my heart today.  Dear Cousin is waiting for a flight home to Texas from Japan.  She is due with her first baby in a few weeks.  I can only imagine.  I hate to admit, but, I'm one of those who puts things into perspective after the worse has happened.  You know, the hug-your-babies-tighter and count-your-blessings kind of realization at someone else's unfortunate, and often heartbreaking expense.

  I've vowed to keep this year simple.  I know I take many, many things for granted, but I am truly grateful that water runs from my faucet, there is nourishing food in my pantry, our bodies are clothed, and I rest my head on a pillow next to my One & Only.  As for that baby.  I'd give her the moon twenty times over, but I desire to instill the same gratitude for the little things and hope she, too will never underestimate their value.

  I leave with a K.I.S.S.
  Keep It Simple, Sweetheart
  XOXO,
  Shalayne

    

No comments:

Post a Comment